Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Color My World BOM Month 2

 



I made this block a couple of weeks ago and kept forgetting to write a post about it! This is the center block of the Color My World BOM from The Quilt Show. It was made from 8 smaller pieces that uses 2 different patterns. As you alternate the patterns, you end up with this great Mariner's Compass. This particular block took me a few hours from start to finish. I used the freezer paper method which is used in this BOM. It's very easy once you get used to it. And fast!


Here are all my blocks for Color My World so far. I really love it. It's neat to make a quilt that's circular. I just hope all my pieces fit nicely! I heard next month will be the rest of the houses. That means 16 more and that round will be done. This quilt is a little different which is what I love!

I hope you all have power and didn't get a ton of ice from yesterday's storm. We got a little ice here in northern Massachusetts but not for very long. It was mostly rain. I would much rather have snow than ice. I would hate to live in Texas right now. I hope they get their power on quicker than they're saying. I didn't have power for 5 days once and it was awful. 


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Mariner's compass--it looks so pretty!!
    nice work...we got rain today --expected more snow/ice Thurs-Friday--we've had more snowy days this year than the past three here...take care hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose! This is a fun quilt to work on. I'm so sick of this snow/ice. I heard 31 days left until Spring. That made me feel better!!

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous mariner's compass. Yep we finally got hit with about 9 inches of snow and minus temps. My parents in Oregon have been without power for about 5 days now. There is no ETA when they will get theirs back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! This winter is really something. Too much snow. One month until spring. I hope everything gets better soon.

      Delete
  3. Color My World is absolutely beautiful, Rosemary!

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...