Thursday, February 4, 2021

I Like Thursday #89

 

Welcome to another Thursday post. Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for more fun posts to read. It's been another quiet week here. We did get quite the snowstorm Monday night into Tuesday. Here's a picture of my husband snow blowing the driveway Monday night. We ended up with over 18 inches of snow. He had to use the snow blower a few more times the next day!


We had a nice dinner last night. We made stir fry chicken using Paleo substitutions. We used coconut amines in place of soy sauce. We used sesame oil too which added a nice flavor. And as an added bonus, we have enough left overs for tonight! I love not having to cook!


I bought this cute sweater. I'm going to wear it on Valentine's Day. The little hearts remind me of those little candy hearts. It was too cute to pass up!


My local quilt shop, Bits N Pieces, designates the first week in January to buy a $100 gift certificate that includes one free yard of fabric each month for the whole year. This is my free yard from January. It's from the Cosmos fabric line by Jason Yenter. I just love the colors, So rich and vibrant. I have no idea what to do with it. I just found fabric that I liked and grabbed it!

That's my week! Hope you are all well. Stay healthy and enjoy the weekend!



8 comments:

  1. We keep getting notices of snow. Nothing much happens. I guess I should be happy. What little I do get the boys get out and shovel all the driveways at the farm, and pathways to the chicken houses and other animals, and they shovel a patch for Bobbin to potty. Cute sweater. I visited Bits and Pieces when I was traveling, sweet shop and the girls who work there are awesome. You must live near Pat of scrapatches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I'm glad you have someone to help you out when it snows. If my husband is busy at work, we have a neighbor who will plow for us. I don't know Pat. I should look her up!

      Delete
  2. Wow! 18" - you got buried! I love that blue fabric! Makes you want to just dive into it. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I was surprised to see that much snow on Tuesday. I stayed in that day and quilted!

      Delete
  3. Wow keep that snow up north
    We lucked out.got about 4 inches instead of the foot they were predicting. Prettu blue fabric

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would've reached for the blue fabric, too. I love that richness of blue and the sparkle of it all. Your quilt shop offers a great deal of one free yard of fabric each month. Thanks for mentioning the coconut aminos. I'm going to search for it. Good cheer to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fabric, I'm sure you will find a way to use it ;))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rosemary, I would have had to buy that sweater too. And your meal sounds just like the kind we have here. My, you have had a lot of snow. So far, our snowfalls have been a few inches, nothing too hard to clear for us. We've been warned the second half of the winter will be more normal for us which means more snow.

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...