Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Snow and Free Motion Quilting


 I'm so happy I didn't have to work today. I think I would have hated leaving the house during a Nor'easter before 6AM.  As you can see, the storm seems to be over and my driveway is even a little visible. However, we got around 15 inches of snow. I think that will be with us for a little while.

I thought I'd take advantage of my snow day and get some quilting done on this antique Dresden Plate. There are no borders. There is only extra fabric around the Dresden Plates. Also, each side seems to be a different width. I settled on free motion feathers. I felt the feathers could disguise these imperfections. I noticed I had spaces around the feathers and wasn't sure what to fill it with.

I decided to fill the area with a small meandering. Thankfully, I like it! I don't think I would have liked to rip out all those stitches! It makes the feathers pop a little more. The fabric is muslin and it's stained in a few areas. I thought this would be my best option. I'll use this little filler wherever I need it in the quilt. 


The circles in the middle of the Dresden Plates are not round. They're mostly oval although a few of them do look better than others. I opted for some curved cross hatching. It's quick and looks nice. I just hope this all works out. This quilt is a bit of a wild card. I have ideas that should work but I won't know for sure until I try. Fingers crossed!! I'll update as I make more progress.

4 comments:

  1. This is such lovely quilting--love the feathers one...
    We got 13+" and then it rained and the snow level came down to about 6"...it is still windy and cold here...
    I managed to get my log cabin blocks finished for this round of
    30...I have them marinating up on my wall--need to decide on placement and borders...taking a bit of a break after this...
    but want to start some "string" quilts...my bag of strings is over flowing...
    stay warm, safe, and stay home when you can hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like you're keeping yourself busy! It's best to forget about the snow and Covid. So glad you like my feathers. This quilt is such a challenge since nothing is uniform. I'm happy with it so far!

      Delete
  2. Binance is a Bitcoin wallet intended to be natural and secure. Clients can connect with the wallet through iOS, Mac OS, Windows, Linus, Android, and Web. Also, Binance offers a discretionary cold wallet stockpiling highlight for disconnected exchanges. Despite the fact that clients keep their hidden keys in the device, the approval of squares is brought together. For customer service contact our Binance support number 1-850-424-1333.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Binance is the key programming utilized by Bitcoin clients to send, get, and store Bitcoin. You can completely approve bitcoin exchanges yourself as opposed to depending on an outsider's help. Likewise, Running Binance adds to the decentralized bitcoin environment. For customer support contact our Binance support number [1-850-424-1333] available for 24*7 with the best technical experts with the best support.

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...