Tuesday, February 9, 2021

FMQ Dresden Plate Quilt


I've had the worst day. I wanted to write this post this morning. However, I got my second Covid vaccine yesterday and I've been sick all day. I have body aches, chills, headache and fever. Ugh!!!  My temperature climbed to 101 while taking Motrin! I want to accomplish something today so I'm finally writing this post. Here's some of my quilting on my friend's antique Dresden Plate. I decided to use stippling around the feathers. I figured that would work best since the borders are different sizes and the plates are not equidistant from each other. I'm hoping my quilting masks the imperfections.


Here's one of the corners. I like the way it's coming out. It's a lot of work but the end product is worth it. I had planned to start the next row today but I've been laying on the couch the whole day. I was supposed to work tomorrow but called someone to cover my shift. I'm so glad I can stay home and sleep later than 5am! I still think everyone should get the Covid vaccine so don't let my experience change your mind. This is so much better than the actual disease. 


6 comments:

  1. Your quilting is gorgeous!

    I hope you feel better soon. We have a long wait to get out shots. It will be a relief to get the shot, but not looking forward to the reaction to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kat. I'm glad I got the vaccine but the side effects aren't very nice. I'm better today but not completely better.

      Delete
  2. Feel better soon. Your quilting is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get the Moderna? We are waiting for our 2nd shots until April 2nd...hoping you feel better soon...
    That dresden is so pretty--have fun quilting it...
    hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! Yes, I did get Moderna. I was so sick yesterday. I'm better today but still not back to normal. I was supposed to work but got someone to work for me. I'm not well enough to work.

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...