Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Finishing Up


I've been working on my projects slowly but somewhat steadily. This picture makes me very happy! The bottom Dresden Plate is the last row of this quilt! I'm hoping this quilt looks good when it's done. The Dresden Plates don't line up at all. That makes my feathers not line up nicely in some areas. I feel the Dresden Plates are the major attraction of the quilt. The quilting just enhances the background. I just hope it looks okay. It's too late now anyways! You can see the background is stained in this picture. The stains show up in a few areas throughout the quilt. Antique quilts are rarely in excellent condition. I'm just doing the best I can!


My second sock is almost done! The heel is turned and there are no more increases or decreases. This is the easy part. I really enjoyed knitting these socks. Who knew German short rows could be so fun?? I'm already trying to figure out what knitting project to work on next!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's warming temperature. We may hit 50! Heat wave!

1 comment:

  1. They are really pretty dresdens and I think the quilting will look great...
    Great progress on your socks...very pretty pattern and color on those
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...