Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Diagonal Plaid Pantograph

I washed the backing for this quilt almost 2 weeks ago. I just couldn't get to the ironing board to get it ready to load onto the longarm. I had some time a few days ago so I ironed the top as well as the backing.  I loaded it over the weekend. This quilt is made up of my scraps and orphan blocks. It measures about 92" X 110".  It's much bigger than I expected. 


I chose a variegated thread called Joseph's Coat. I thought that the blue and yellow solid fabrics would look nice with a little color thrown in. I'm using the same thread in the bobbin. It's 50 weight and made by Superior Thread. 


 This is the hard part! I'm going to try and use this pantograph. It's called Diagonal Plaid. It looks simple enough but it's going to be difficult to make those lines straight every darn time! Mine isn't going to look as perfect as the panto but I hope it will be close enough! Right now, I'm practicing the pantograph without sewing, just following the design. I'm getting a little better!

5 comments:

  1. I had to LOL (sorry!!!); 'much bigger than I expected'! That has happened to me a couple of times too, when I haven't had a pattern to follow. I'm sure your quilting will look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Astrid! I think using the on point setting made it a lot larger than I expected! I still need to practice that pantograph design. It's pretty but so many straight lines!!

      Delete
  2. That is a really neat pattern you've chosen...I'll bet it will really look great on your quilt have fun quilting...I am finishing up knitting my tangerine dishcloth for a present...nice to pick up the needles again hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I miss knitting. I'll have to get back to it soon!

      Delete
  3. Hi Rosemary! What a cool pantograph. I think you are too hard on yourself. You know that once the quilt is washed and dried, it won't matter about those "perfect" sharp corners. And WOWEE - what a big quilt. Won't that be nice to snuggle underneath sooner than later. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...