Thursday, December 15, 2022

I Like Thursday #169


Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers post positive and fun posts once a week. To link up to more of these posts, please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color. She has lots of fun stuff going on! I've noticed the deer hanging around my yard lately. I was pretty sure one was a buck. I got this picture off of my Ring. I guess he was hanging around my yard one morning. He looks very majestic to me! I love being able to see him.

I made Paleo Biscotti last week. They came out so good! You can find the recipe at Almond Flour Biscotti. So easy and so good!! I used pistachios but you can substitute with another nut. 


I finally got out of the house and went out to dinner. I just had to have White Wine Sangria. It was fruity and tasty! It sort of reminded me of summer during a cold winter. I enjoyed it for sure!


 This is one of the best books I've ever read. It's about someone who fled WWII in Paris and hid so many secrets along the way. Realizing she's running out of time, she gets her granddaughter to look into aspects of her life she had kept secret for 70 years. Get the tissues ready!

This week's prompt was favorite Christmas carol. I love The Christmas Song sung by Nat King Cole. I love the melody but it also reminds me of my father. I think he liked the song too since he loved the voice of Nat King Cole. It always reminds me of him. It's nice when the holidays are here to have a little piece of him around. 

9 comments:

  1. The deer is such a beautiful creature. I've never made biscotti but I love it. I'll check out the recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That website has a ton of great recipes. I hope you find something interesting to make!

      Delete
  2. That biscotti looks good! The book looks interesting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deer are majestic. We went for a hike last Sunday and saw 5-6. Didn't get the chance to take photos before they ran away. Biscotti looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Astrid! I love seeing deer hanging around the woods behind my house.

      Delete
  4. Rosemary - joining you from I Like Thursday today! It is hard for me to choose a favorite Christmas song, but I am a huge fan of Pentatonix - their rendition of "Mary Did You Know" would be near the top of the list. I am also a traditionalist and love anything by Nat King Cole and Andy Williams. I read "The Room on Rue Amelie" by Kristin Harmel - so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many great Christmas songs! Kristen Harmel never disappoints, So nice to see you on I Like Thursday!

      Delete
  5. white wine sangria??? yes please! gotta go look for your book! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...