Thursday, December 8, 2022

I Like Thursday #168


I can't believe it's Thursday already! It's time for our Thursday likes. Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to read more positive posts. I just sewed the last row onto this quilt top. I love how the scraps just shine in this string quilt. It measures 64.5" square. I'll be adding a 2" inner border as well as a piano key border. (Can you see Molly admiring the quilt??)

I bought a new iron and decided not to put any water in it. I feel the addition of water is like the kiss of death. I'm just hoping to make the iron last longer. I bought this cute misting bottle at my local quilt shop. I guess I'm an Iron Maiden like the bottle says! 


Our prompt this week is favorite Christmas cookie. There is no one cookie that my family makes every year. We have a lot of the traditional cookies but they vary from year to year. However, my mother makes wandies (sp?) every year. They're made from a sweet dough that she forms strips from. The strips are criss crossed, almost like a bow. Then, they're deep fried and sprinkled with confectioner's sugar. She has already made a batch this year. I'm not sure if she needs to make more. My mother claims it's not Christmas unless we have wandies for dessert!


Have any of you been watching Interview with the Vampire on AMC? It was so good. The Vampire Lestat will be presented next year. I can't wait! I may have read this this book years ago but I bought the whole series while Christmas shopping. I figure it's an early gift for me!

I hope you had a good week. I'm making good progress on my Christmas list. I hope to be done soon but I always think of new things to add. We'll see how I do! Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Using a spray bottle instead of putting water in your iron is a great idea. I made that very same change a few years ago when I bought the Oliso and so far, so good. The wandies sound delish. We have the same treats every Christmas. Each kid and my husband have their favorites and I like them ALL :) I have watch Interview with the Vampire but will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My new iron is an Oliso too! I want to keep it for as long as I can. The spray bottle is an easy alternative.

      Delete
  2. I love string quilts and yours looks great! I've never heard of wandies before, but they look yummy. I still have so many Christmas things to do. I'm hoping to put a dent in my list this weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time of year is crazy! I'll be happy when I'm done all the shopping. It seems to take forever!

      Delete
  3. Your string quilt is gorgeous and I'm sure Molly is total agreement! I have a spray bottle like that one but mine says something about quilt shopping. I love this misting bottle and I'll bet you'll love it too. I'm not familiar with wandies but they sound delicious. A long time ago I read Ann Rice's 1st vampire novel, "Interview with a Vampire". I really loved it but I don't think I'd enjoy watching the series. I'm a book-lover, I guess. Enjoy your gift to yourself. No one knows you better than YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Susie! The AMC series is very good but the actor playing Lestat is beautiful which just adds to the series. Check it out!!

      Delete
  4. I thought your mister was the iron until I read it was a mister. I was wondering how it worked, as an iron, and that I wanted one, hahahah. I need a new iron, at least I think i do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your string quilt! It's really got me thinking I need to make one again! Cute mug! I don't have much luck with irons (with or without water--I've tried both techniques) but I've learned not to spend so much money on them because the expensive ones don't last either. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! I don't think they make irons like they used to. I have a cheap one and a more pricey one. Let's see which one lasts longer!!

      Delete
  6. Hi, my mom used to make a bow tie cookie that looks like that. She would have a stack of them in a bowl, so good. Your strings are super of course! I seem to go through irons. But they are essential in the sewing room. Neat spritzer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn. I actually made biscotti this afternoon. They're not as good as my mother's! I love my new iron but hope it lasts awhile.

      Delete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...