Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Trudging Along

I'm trying to finish my Christmas shopping. It's so hard to figure out when to stop. I keep finding more stuff to buy at some great prices. While shopping, I'm trying to do some sewing/quilting. Sadie's Choice Rose block from Carrie Hall's Sampler needs the red center piece to be completely appliqued.  This block is taking forever! There's so much to it with so many pieces. I'll get there eventually! This block measures 20.5" square.

My string quilt now has a 2 inch border. It's hard to see but the border is made up of a peach fabric. I thought white would be too much of a contrast. This color is a little more subtle. I have more piano keys to cut. I think I have 28 left. I also plan on making 4 blocks for the corners of the piano key border. 

In the midst of Christmas season, my husband is home sick with some awful cold. He's Covid negative but still feels terrible. I hope I don't get it. It's the last thing I need at this time of year. 

 

4 comments:

  1. Sorry your DH is sick--so many bugs going around these days!!
    I think the peach border looks really lovely...
    the Carrie block looks so pretty--appliqueing always takes time==hard to find this pre-holiday season ;))) hugs, Julierose
    hugs, Julieroe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose. I try to find time for a little quilting everyday but it hasn't really been happening.

      Delete
  2. I just do not have the skillset for hand applique'. That is probably a good thing since I really don't have time to add one more thing to the creative plate. I love your border, the color really works well with all the strings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I know what you mean. There's only so much time. I would love to cross stitch again but not sure how I can fit it in. Maybe someday!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...