Thursday, December 22, 2022

I Like Thursday #170


It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to read more happy and uplifting posts. I'm working on a piano border for the string quilt. I have one side all sewn together but not sewn onto the quilt top. Time is the problem this time of year! Between shopping and wrapping, I'm always behind. I'm sure you know!


I started to quilt my crumb block quilt. The diagonal plaid pantograph looks easy but it's so hard to make those lines straight. It doesn't take much to curve or veer off a little. I decided it might not be perfect, but that's how this quilt is going to be finished. I'm actually getting better the more I quilt the pattern. I guess that's one way to learn!


I've been Christmas shopping but couldn't resist buying myself a little something! I saw this cute magazine with some really nice scrap patterns. I'm always on the hunt for new scrap patterns. I just had to buy it!

This month's prompt is traditions. This is Frank E. Post that my son just had to have when he was around 8 years old. We still decorate with a lot of things the kids bought or made over the years. I think Ben might want Frank for his own place now that he's getting married. I have him at my house for now!
I love putting out all the stuff the kids made when they were little. I miss those days!

I hope you all enjoy the next few days before the big holiday. We're expecting a huge rain and wind storm. Be safe!


11 comments:

  1. we got the storm already, 4" of snow, woke to -11F and power outage. Power is returned now, hopefully it will continue. Trying to make sure the pipes don't freeze. When the power came back on I quick charged the IPAD, baked chocolate cheesecake cookies, and am trying to quilt a border for my xmas quilt !
    I love the decorations and bringing out special ones each year. Your quilt is so colorful and pretty with the piano keys border
    Love, LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, LeeAnna! I hope the weather improves. It's been stormy all day. We were without power most of the day but it's back. Enjoy the holiday!

      Delete
  2. Hi again! The quilting looks GREAT! I think it's the perfect choice. As a true beginner to longarming, I never would have thought that was a difficult design. But now I know better! It also doesn't surprise me one bit that you are getting better the more you work it. With the size quilt that you are working on, you'll be a PRO by the time you get to the last row. Aww, Frank E. Post is so cute. Maybe someday you'll have some treasures made by your grandchildren. I was just enjoying the artwork on my refrigerator today - a purple hippo and a paper plate monster. Merry Christmas to you and your family!! Stay warm and safe. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne. There is no way all my lines are going to be straight as I quilt out that pantograph. I suppose it will be the curvier version on my quilt! I took a class on pantographs year ago and that's what got me started. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. I love that border! Frank E Post. LOL What fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed Frank E! He's so funny to look at!

      Delete
  4. Love your string quilt and the piano keys border is perfect. I haven't done any quilting the last week, too busy with Christmas stuff. Frank E. Post, that's a fun guy. I'm looking for scrap quilt patterns too, or patterns where I can use scraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Astrid! I haven't done much sewing either. I get a few minutes here and there. I love using up scraps. I think scrap quilts always look nice. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  5. I'm loving your crumb quilt! Frank E. Post is hilarious. I wouldn't be surprised if you son did want him to continue the tradition. Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosemary - I linked to I Like Thursday this week, but I forgot to tell LeeAnna; do come visit if you have time. We have many ornaments on the tree that the kids made in elementary school - they are some of our most treasured items and bring a smile to our faces every year! Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...