Tuesday, December 6, 2022

String Quilt in Progress

 




I've been working on my string block quilt a little bit at a time. I'm finally showing some good progress. I only have 3 rows left. The blocks finish at 8" square so this will measure 64.5" when all the blocks are sewn together. I plan on adding a 2 inch border all the way around. I think the eye needs something to rest on. I'll probably use a solid for that.


I decided to add a piano key border. I have 75  pieces cut so far. They measure 2.5" X 5". I think that's enough for 2 sides. I haven't decided what to do in the corners yet. I'll figure it out when I get there! I'm still trying to get my Christmas shopping done. Almost there!


6 comments:

  1. Wow, the string quilt is looking really nice. I have a friend who has a project bag business. He just sent me two USPS boxes full of leftover fabrics. Of course, he doesn't know that I can't use them for myself but I plan to make a scrappy quilt for him. The string pattern may just work for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked making these blocks. They're not very hard and always look good! The scrappier the better! I think you'll enjoy making these blocks.

      Delete
  2. these are really looking good, Rosemary; I just love how the centers
    look...nice work! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose. So nice to use up the stash and have them look so good!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous string blocks Rosemary, a favourite of mine and I do like your idea of a piano key border this will fit beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always feel some sort of satisfaction when I make a quilt using up my stash!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...