Tuesday, April 18, 2023

A Swoon Finish and Some Applique

I'm slowly appliqueing the Cottage Tulip Block onto a 25.5" square. I've decided to just work on one quadrant at a time. I've done one quarter and will just make my way around the whole circle. This is very slow work but it's coming out okay. 


Here's the Tula Pink Swoon. It's all finished! I just have to make a label and sew it on. I really loved working on this quilt. It's a great pattern and never disappoints.


This is just a close up of a corner so you can see the binding. I really love the binding fabric. It blends well with the fabric in the quilt. So nice to have it all finished!

4 comments:

  1. Swoon turned out beautifully..that Cottage tulip block looks really challenging --but very pretty...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose! I'm glad that tulip block is almost done. What a pain!!

      Delete
  2. Swoon is just so beautiful. I also love your Cottage Tulip. I found it difficult appliquing those diamonds on the Lone Star piece, I can't imagine how hard it would be to get a circle neat. You are so skilled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn, but I'm not sure how skilled I actually am! The tulips were very difficult for me. The block came out okay but I wish it had come out a little better.

      Delete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...