Thursday, April 13, 2023

I Like Thursday #186


It's time for I Like Thursday! LeeAnna is our hostess and her blog, Not Afraid of Color, has links to many more bloggers who post on Thursdays. Go take a look around! The weather has warmed up this week and my lilacs look like they're getting ready to bloom soon. I love seeing that deep purple getting ready to open up. It's a true sign of spring!


These are a few of the blocks I've made for Blast From the Past Mystery Quilt. I love the hearts theme! These blocks weren't too hard to make. The directions are very detailed and even tells you what direction to press your seams. I love that!

For our Easter dinner, my mother made a traditional Italian rum cake. She made her own chocolate and vanilla creams that are in the middle of the cake. There is rum in the cake but it's diluted with water so you just taste a hint of it. I haven't had this cake in years. It was so good. It's so much better than anything you can buy.


 I just finished this book and loved it! I highly recommend it. It's about 2 people who meet when they're younger and reconnect in college. They're not romantically involved but they write video games together. I'm not a gamer at all but you don't have to be to enjoy this book. It's about relationships and life in general. It's so well written. I was sad when it ended which is the sign of a great book!

The prompt this week is whether we're a day or night person. I'm definitely a night person. I don't stay up real late but I hate getting up in the morning. When I used to work, I had to get up at 5 to be at work for 6am. That just about killed me! I could never fall asleep early enough and I would drag the whole day. I usually get up around 8 but I lounge and have coffee until about 9:30. I'm usually up until midnight most nights either reading or watching TV. These hours suit me so much better than my old work schedule!

Have a wonderful weekend! It's supposed to be cool off over the weekend but in the 80's the next few days up here in the Northeast.

11 comments:

  1. we sound very similar on biorhythms! That describes me too. Your mom's cake looks so good... I'll have a big piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it nice to not have to get up early for work?! I would save you a piece if you lived closer!!!

      Delete
  2. It is wonderful that you can now enjoy your time as it works best for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Angela, I feel so much better being able to sleep a little later. 5AM was definitely tough for me.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that cake looks terrific. Yay for lilacs. Our bush is budding quite a bit, too. Enjoy your weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sally! I thought the lilacs would bloom with the warm temps but not yet! I feel it's too early anyways.

      Delete
  4. Amazing looking cake! Hope your lilacs bloom soon! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! I just finished eating that cake today. It was so good!

      Delete
  5. Love your pretty blocks and Italian Rum Cake sounds and looks delicious. I love a piece of cake now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! The cake was too good to pass up!

      Delete
  6. I'm transfixed by your Mom's cake - it looks so, so good. I had to Google Italian Rum Cake - it sounds delicious!
    It is good not to have to get up to go to work now, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...