Monday, April 24, 2023

New England Quilt Expo

I attended the New England Quilt Expo this past Thursday. It was wonderful to be at a quilt show once again! There were vendors, quilts and classes. I don't think I realized how much I missed the shows. I felt that I was back with my people! I met my future daughter-in-law there which was also fun. We had a great lunch and enjoyed seeing the quilts together. I took pictures of quilts but didn't note who made them. The place was packed so it was hard just getting these pictures. I loved this wall hanging. The placement of the colors made the design so vibrant. I think it won a ribbon if I remember correctly. I see lots of Kaffe Fassett fabrics!


This one reminded me of a Venn Diagram. Do you remember those?? I love that the quilter used different color thread depending what area was being quilted. This quilt has movement!


The colors in this quilt are just breath taking! I love the symmetry and the energy this quilt exhibits. 


This quilt starts with a panel. However, the panel is very heavily quilted. It almost looks painted when looking at it up close. The quilt pattern around the center really highlights the colors of the panel. 


I love this Halloween applique quilt. The applique is perfect and it's so fun. I love the bats surrounding the border. It's so well done!

This quilt seemed to twinkle and glow. It was so large that I couldn't fit the whole quilt into the picture. The quilting was very well done also.


I just loved these zebras! This quilt looks like it was so difficult to make. The zebras seem to be posing! They also look like they're standing so closely together. I love it!


This quilt was so beautifully quilted. The quilting enhances the design. I really loved studying the different quilting within the wall hanging. 

I hope you enjoyed my little tour of the quilt show. The show had many more quilts to see. These just happen to be my favorites. I'm already looking forward to next year's show!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...