Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Blast From the Past Mystery Quilt


I bought American Patchwork and Quilting magazine this past month. The cover features a great scrap quilt on the cover so I couldn't resist. I went to their page on Facebook and found the Blast from the Past Mystery Quilt. It's a sample of quilt blocks that have appeared in the magazine which turns 30 years old! I thought it was a great way to use up scraps. They started in March 2022 but all the blocks are still available. Each month has either 2 or 3 blocks to make. The quilt will finish up at 60.5" X 64.5".  This first picture shows the blocks I made from the first month.

The blocks finish up at all different sizes. The largest finish at 12" square. The smallest blocks finish at 6" square. They're fun and I love using up my scraps.

I'm trying to keep close to their colors just so I don't get too many of the same color in the same place on the quilt. I'll be starting the blocks from the 4th month later today. These blocks are so fun! There's a total of 30 blocks.

 

2 comments:

  1. I love APQ magazine and every time I buy one I'm tempted to subscribe - but I don't need more magazines! Those are pretty sampler blocks, and it's always so satisfying to use scraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that magazine too! I'm trying to get rid of clutter so I don't buy too many magazines. This is a fun quilt to make. The directions are very detailed plus I get to use my scraps!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...