Thursday, March 30, 2023

I Like Thursday #184



It's time for I Like Thursday. Each week, a group of us bloggers focus on happy posts. You should visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to link up with more fun blog posts. I'm so happy to say that I'm actually registered to take a class at the New England Quilt Expo. I haven't been to a quilt show in years. I'm so excited! I'll be taking a class on Keeping Your Longarm Happy. I will be meeting my future daughter-in-law there. We'll do some shopping, have lunch and then I'll take my class. I can't wait! It's been too long!


I just finished quilting this Swoon quilt yesterday. I really love how it came out. Of course, I found a few areas where I had forgotten to quilt. I looked for these areas before I took the quilt off the frame but I still missed them! I have these clamps that I can use to hold the quilt down onto the rails and then I'm free to quilt. It's not the same, but it works in a pinch.


Here's the back of the quilt. I love the quilting! It really shows up so nicely on the back.


This is what my daughter chose for the binding. It's also by Tula Pink. I think it will complement the quilt nicely.

The prompt this week asked what baked goods we make for Easter. My mother doesn't make this every year but growing up I always looked forward to this known as Pastiera di Riso. I don't have a recipe. My grandmother would literally put sugar in the palm of her hand and just throw it in. However, the internet has many recipes to choose from. I remember there are lots of eggs, rice and cinnamon sticks. It's reminiscent of tapioca pudding but much more flavorful. 

This is just a silly picture. It's the last snow left in my yard. And it won't go away! I hope it's still not there in July!😂

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy the quilt show and the class, Rosemary. It sounds exciting. Swoon looks great and I love the binding fabric. Pastiera di Riso looks delicious. Hard to believe Easter is just over a week away. 2023 is flying by...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is lovely - I really like your swoon quilt. That binding looks fun, too. Have fun at the Expo class! Pastiera di Riso looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sally! I'm looking forward to the show.

      Delete
  3. Love your Swoon Quilt--it's amazing! Loving that fabric you chose for the binding as well. Have fun at your class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele. I'm looking forward to it!

      Delete
  4. That's funny. I always feel the same way about a small patch snow!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...