Thursday, March 16, 2023

I Like Thursday #182




Welcome to I Like Thursday where a bunch of us bloggers post happy and uplifting topics. You can visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to link up to more of these accounts. Since tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day, I thought I'd show you my table topper. It was a gift from a friend and I display it every year during the month of March. It's nice to have some "green" during this time of year!


Thanks to stormy weather, I got a good amount done on my applique block. I have one more corner plus the center left. This is my slow and relaxing project. It's very enjoyable!


Speaking of bad weather, this was the view from my family room all day Tuesday. I woke up to snow and it never really stopped. We ended up with 7 inches. Some parts of Massachusetts got 20 inches so I feel we got lucky! The wind was also a problem but we didn't lose power. It was a great day to stay indoors and wait for the storm to pass.



 I started quilting the Tula Pink Swoon quilt. I'm following a lot of the quilting I did on my own Swoon quilt last year. I did make the curved crosshatching 1/4" instead of 1/2".  I also changed the corners. I like this corner much better! I guess live and learn is the lesson! I really enjoy using rulers on the longarm. It's very easy to get a nice design once you get the hang of holding the ruler. 


The prompt this week is Spring flowers. My favorites have to be tulips. When we first moved to our house, I ordered close to 100 bulbs and planted them in the fall. I got a good amount to bloom the following Spring and I loved seeing them. However, over the years, the number has dwindled. I remember one year we were having work done on the house and a worked crushed so many tulips with his ladder. I was cringing watching but didn't say anything. I figured it was too late by the time I saw him do it. I may need to plant a good amount of bulbs this fall if I want to see more tulips next year. I'll see how many I get this year. 

Have a wonderful weekend and Happy St. Patrick's Day!💚

12 comments:

  1. Lots of good stuff. Your quilting is beautiful. I can't wait to see the whole thing done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! This quilt will take a few more weeks. It's only 9 blocks but they're big!

      Delete
  2. Your table topper is pretty. Wow 7 inches is a lot of snow! I love your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. Most of the snow has already melted thanks to that warm March sun!

      Delete
  3. Your applique' is looking good, Rosemary. I love the quilting on Swoon, too. Tulips are so pretty. I hope you get a lot to come up this spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I hope I get a good number of tulips but really think I should plant more bulbs this fall.

      Delete
  4. I love your applique and really love your St. Patrick's day tablerunner. So sorry you got so much snow, we were lucky and only got a coating which didn't stick. Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele! It's melting so fast due to that nice March sun!

      Delete
  5. the rabbits in MD ate all my tulips, but I sure love them.
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...