Monday, March 6, 2023

Two Finishes


We had a stormy weekend so I had plenty of time for sewing. I finished the Swoon quilt top. It measures 80" X 80". I really enjoyed making this top. The blocks come out so nicely. Once the block is cut out, it's so easy to sew together. I think the block would make a great table topper as well. I have to prepare the backing and will load it on the longarm soon. I'll quilt it the same way as the first Swoon I made. I'm looking forward to quilting it!


I made another pin cushion! This one is huge! It measures about 5.5" square. I have so many of these triangles cut from Swoon that it's so easy to make these. I might just be a little addicted to making pin cushions!

The weather is better now. It was a little over 40 so the snow melted nicely. No more snow! They did say something about a storm this weekend but I'm ignoring it for now.

6 comments:

  1. Swoon is so lovely!! I really like the colorways you've chosen in this one. Neat pin cushion too stay safe there--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new swoon quilt is gorgeous. I really like the fabrics in this one. What did you stuff the pin cushion with?
    I hope the weather isn't terrible for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanna. I used crushed walnut shells. I bought a huge bag at PetSmart. I heard the storm may miss us! That would be great news!

      Delete
  3. Great looking quilt top. Certainly does not look easy. Looking forward to seeing it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karin! I can't wait to get started quilting!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...