Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Topeka Rose


I just finished this block named Topeka Rose. It measures 20" square. The quilt is Carrie Hall's Sampler which is a collection of blocks by Barbara Brackman. This one was a little tough for me. Some of these pieces are large and move around very easily. I had to rip out and re-align in a few places. I think it came out okay overall. 

Here are my blocks so far. I can actually sew them together since these pieces make up the left side of the quilt. It's so nice to see some progress! The next block includes Y seams which I haven't done in ages. This next block might take even longer!!

6 comments:

  1. Your blocks are so pretty--nice work on this one--the applique is really wonderful on these...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful block Rosemary! The blocks together are looking great, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Astrid! This is my slow and calming project!

      Delete
  3. Topeka Rose is a nice addition to the other beautiful blocks, Rosemary. What size is this quilt? Looks like it is going to be a big one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jeanna! It's supposed to measure 75" X 85" but there are options with borders so we'll see!

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...