Thursday, March 23, 2023

I Like Thursday #183


Welcome to I Like Thursday! LeeAnna hosts a bunch of us bloggers every week as we post happy and uplifting topics. Go visit her over at Not Afraid of Color to link up to more blogs. I visited this little guy this morning. His name is Oliver. He's a zuchon and he's 3 months old. He is so adorable! I got to hold him when he wasn't too busy running around! I don't think my 2 kitties would enjoy having a dog in the family but it's so tempting when you see someone as cute as this little guy!

I put out a spring table runner this week. I had almost forgotten about this one. This is my first applique project. It's all hand appliqued and hand quilted. It's got to be about 25 years old, I made it with the guild when I used to belong to it. The shapes are easier to applique and perfect for a beginner. I'm so glad I remembered it! It's been in storage for awhile.

I made these mug rugs in February. I suppose I made them for Valentine's Day but you can use them year round. Hearts always look nice no matter the season! They have already been gifted.


This is one finished Swoon block. I thought you can get an idea of how it's quilted. The blocks are larger than the open area of my longarm so it's hard to see the whole thing. I just finished the second row. One more row left! This quilt is so fun to work on. There is some open area and the blocks are made up of some interesting shapes. It's actually quick once you know what you're going to quilt in each shape.

The prompt this week is vegetables. My husband plants a little vegetable garden every year. We always have tomatoes and cucumbers. This past year, he tried potatoes but they didn't grow very large. We've had zucchini and pumpkins. The zucchini grew nicely but the pumpkins weren't too great. I'll have to see what he plans for this year!

Have a great weekend!


14 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of snow next to Oliver. I didn't have good luck with potatoes at all - not sure what I did wrong. Your mug rugs and Swoon block are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The snow is slowly melting. My friend lives north of me and they actually got more snow than us when we had that last storm.

      Delete
  2. That dog is adorable! Your spring table runner is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela! I loved holding that little dog. Such a cutie!

      Delete
  3. Ooh - I really like the quilting on your swoon blocks. The mug rugs are cute, too. Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tablerunner and the mug rugs are wonderful! The snow...well I'm sorry you still have snow....but your dog sure is a cutie!
    Thinking spring for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! The snow is almost gone. The temps have been on the warm side. I want Spring!

      Delete
  5. I need a zuchon, whatever that is! So cute. Love that applique runner so glad you got it out and shared. Love to see those quilting lines on that beautiful Swoon block. Always such gorgeous quilting to be seen here, Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The zuchon is absolutely adorable! Love your spring table runner and mug rugs are cute. I agree, hearts can be year-round decor. This version of Swoon is so fun with the fussy cut centers. Do you feel like someone is watching you while you quilt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! Yes, I feel those ladies are watching my every move!!

      Delete
  7. I think your cats would love a little dog! My MIL had three cats and one small dog who all played very well together. I would love to grow cukes but not much water here, and really too hot during a short growing season anyway, but I aspire to cukes and pumpkins
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about getting a dog with my 2 cats. These two don't always get along. If I got them all when they were kittens, I think it would have worked. I'm glad my husband likes to garden. I'll cook whatever he grows!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...