Monday, March 13, 2023

Swoon and Applique


I'm posting this tonight before a hefty winter storm hits us tonight. I'm hoping we don't lose power but they're forecasting very high winds. I thought I'd work on a few projects today. I loaded the Tula Pink Swoon quilt and did a little ribbon candy in the first border. If it's as windy as they say, I won't be using the longarm. I don't want to lose power while quilting.

I took this picture while loading the quilt top. I liked seeing the girls in the middle row! The row looks nice and straight.


I'm working on the next applique block of Carrie Hall's Sampler. This one is called Topeka Rose. When this block is done. I'll have the left side of this quilt completed. I may end up working on this tomorrow if it's awfully windy.  It will be nice and calming as the storm whips up outside. 

Stay safe during the storm! I plan on staying home all day.

4 comments:

  1. So far only rain here on the CT coast--42 degrees so unless it drops suddenly we won't be seeing much snow here...
    Swoon is looking beautiful as is your applique--great idea to applique calmly during any storm...stay safe hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been snowing here since about 8am. I'm worried about the wind which is supposed to get going this afternoon. I hope this is our last storm of the winter!

      Delete
  2. The ribbon candy quilting looks great in the top border. You are moving right along with the applique'. I hope the weather hasn't been too bad for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like the quilting! We got about 6 inches. Just hoping we don't lose power. The wind is supposed to ramp up.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...