Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Two Quick Updates


This post is to update the two projects I'm currently working on.  I'm working on Swoon a little bit every day. If I work too long on the longarm, I tend to get sloppy. I'm quilting many of the same designs I quilted on my own Swoon that I made last year. However, I'm trying to make my design a little tighter and more stream lined. I measured within this free space and came out with this size design. I made the curved cross hatching first and then added the feathers. The feathers have to follow a different direction depending on which side of the square they're on. So much to think of but I found it easier this time around. It's not perfect but definitely improved! 


 This block, Topeka Rose, is getting there! These heart pieces are sort of large and I have to be so careful while sewing them down. There's so much shifting but it's okay so far. I only have 7 pieces left to add! I love that purple among the gold and green! I want each block to have a pop of color shining through. These may be old blocks but it's fun to modernize them a little bit. I love working on my projects.

6 comments:

  1. Your quilting is just beautiful; and I too like the purple/yellow/green
    combo you've got going on that pretty block...nice works in progress hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really enjoying these 2 projects. I'm already thinking about what to work on next!! Haha!

      Delete
  2. Love the curved cross hatching and feather quilting Rosemary, it's beautiful! Your color combo and stitching on the applique block is beautiful too. Isn't it fun when we really enjoy working on something, chances are they will get finished and not put away because we lose interest or get bored with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice words! I think you're so right. When you really love something, it's so fun and something to look forward to. I hope to be done with this quilt in the next few weeks. I can't keep away from it!

      Delete
  3. The quilting on Swoon is looking great. I love the curved cross hatching surrounded by the feathers. I wish I could do my own quilting but won't even pretend to have that skill set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanna! It's taken me years to get to this point. The more I quilt, the better I get but it takes a lot of time! I started quilting on my regular sewing machine but it was so bulky and difficult. I bought my machine second hand and it's just right for me!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...