Thursday, April 6, 2023

I Like Thursday #185

It's Thursday so it's time for a happy post! We join LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color who hosts a bunch of us bloggers to post uplifting subjects once a week. I can't believe Easter Sunday is this coming weekend! The days are going by so fast. I wish time would just slow down once in awhile! Anyways, have a happy holiday!

These are the next 2 blocks for the Blast from the Past Mystery Quilt.  Each block uses a different technique. The directions are very detailed and videos are available as well. 


This block measure 9.5" square.  I made my windows yellow as if lights were glowing from inside the house. I had to remake the windows a few times. I kept using the wrong house piece between the windows! It's not so easy to use your phone for reading the directions! I may start using my laptop instead. 


This one measure 12.5"square. It's only 2 colors and made up of 4 identical blocks. I had never made this block before so I feel as though I'm learning new patterns. These are all fun blocks to make.

Our prompt this week was Easter memories from our younger days. My grandmother always made something similar to this picture. We used to call it Easter Bread. It wasn't easy to eat. It was always a little bit on the tough side but we used to dunk it milk or coffee so it would be easier to chew. My family didn't understand the Easter Bunny at all. They were from Italy where Easter was religious holiday. I used to get the random chocolate bunny or a small store bought basket but that was never a very big deal. My mother would cook for days getting Easter dinner ready. Easter outfits were always so important! I remember admiring my mother's hat. We were all so dressed up back then. Times have certainly changed!

Enjoy the holiday! 🐣🌷🐰

8 comments:

  1. I like those blocks! Easter bread is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blocks and agree, using your tablet would be easier on the eyes! We love that kind of Easter bread but usually get Paska from the local small store. Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that house block with the light in the windows. Also the block made of 4 blocks...I had to look to find them. They are so interesting and give a beautiful overall look. Easter bread is so delicious looking. Yes, we dressed up much more back then and sometimes I think it has swung too far the other way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! Yes, times have certainly changed. It's nice to comfortable but there was something special about everyone being all dressed up.

      Delete
  4. I miss the dressing up. Seems there are no events worthy of dressing for these days. You felt different when you were in a pretty outfit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It was so fun to dress up and feel pretty!

      Delete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...