Thursday, April 20, 2023

I Like Thursday #187

It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to link up to more fun and uplifting posts. I'll be leaving for Manchester, NH later this morning. I'm all signed up for a class on Longarm Maintenance. I'll also be visiting the vendors and drooling over the quilts! I'll post about my quilt adventure in the next week. I'm really looking forward to this. I'll be meeting my future daughter-in-law for lunch as well. It's been such a long time since I've been to a quilt show. I can't wait!

 

I started tutoring again. My student is from South Korea and she is delightful! We had our first meeting yesterday. She even brought me a coffee! She's already won me over. I hope to make a difference in her life and make her feel more comfortable speaking English. We'll be meeting once a week for 2 hours. After speaking to her, I have a better idea of what her first lesson plan should include. We admired this beautiful stained glass window in the library. Our library is a hidden jewel. The woodwork is gorgeous. It's kept up so nicely. My student was surprised at how beautiful our library is. 



Here are more blocks from the Blast From the Past Sampler Mystery Quilt. I only have 9 blocks left to make. I'm basically just using up scraps. I can't wait to put it together. These blocks range in size from 6.5" square to 12.5" square. This is such a fun project!



This week our prompt is our favorite smells/scents. I have been using Pure Grace for years! It has such a clean smell. I'm totally addicted to it and always have an extra on hand. Sephora used to carry it but not anymore. I found it at Macy's so I just buy it there now. 

Another favorite scent is cinnamon rolls baking in the oven. When my kids were little, we were snowed in one day. I made cinnamon rolls from scratch and just remember how great my house smelled. It was a day I'll always remember. The kids couldn't wait to eat the rolls. We were stuck indoors and it just felt so cozy. 

That's my likes for the week! Have a wonderful weekend!

16 comments:

  1. I love your blocks! How nice to have such a neat library and so glad you have a wonderful new student! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great memory tied to the cinnamon rolls! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela! It's so nice to have good memories.

      Delete
  3. That's why Cinnabon is not located in food courts because the smells will be mingled. They are found in amongst the other stores where shoppers can clearly smell that unbelievably tasty cinnamon flavor. Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh - I'm hoping to go to a quilt show this weekend. I like your blocks. Cinnamon rolls is a terrific smell! I hope you enjoyed your longarm class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the quilt show. The longarm class was interesting. It was all about maintenance. I hope you get to your show this weekend.

      Delete
  5. Have fun at the quilt show, Rosemary! Your scrappy blocks are so pretty - love that very first star. And yes on the cinnamon and cinnamon rolls baking! Mmm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great time at the quilt show. So glad you like my blocks!

      Delete
  6. I love that you're teaching! I used to teach at Berlitz language school, English to families of business men. I want to go to the quilt show! that will be so much fun, yes tell us everything.
    I want to try grace as I've heard how good it is for years now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told my student that I get such a great feeling from tutoring and probably get more out of it than her! The quilt show was great! So fun!! Pure Grace makes your skin so soft. You'll love it!

      Delete
  7. Your blocks are beauties, Rosemary. How wonderful to have such a student and she is lucky she found you too. Years ago, I used to meet my students in the local library to give them extra help. It's a wonderful setting for tutoring and that one especially nice. I love smells that have happy memories attached. I'm sure you enjoyed the quilt show and how nice too to get to meet your future daughter in law.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being in the library surrounded by all those books! So nice that you like my blocks. The quilt show was so much fun. I've really missed going to them! I hope they're back for good!

      Delete
  8. You really do have a beautiful library! I love the smell inside a library - I forgot about that one. Your student sounds lovely. Hope you enjoyed your time in your longarm maintenance class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The class was fun! I learned a lot and I got to meet some new people. The whole quilt event was a great time!

      Delete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...