Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Applique and Ruler Work


It's taken a while but I finally made some progress on this block called Pride of the Forest. All those peaks and valleys take a long time to applique. It's so hard to keep it from moving since it's so long. It's not perfect but it's done! Much better!! I have another curved piece for the opposite side. It's quite relaxing (most of the time) and great for watching TV.

This is the last block I quilted on the Blast From the Past quilt. I love combining ruler work with free motion quilting. It makes every block look good! This quilt is coming along nicely. I'm probably about 2/3 done. I'm really enjoying this one!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Don't do a lot of applique myself but always love the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karin! It's my slow project but I like it since it's very relaxing.

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...