Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Some Progress


Although a bit wrinkled, I think you can see this block is almost done. One corner left to go! These shapes are not easy to applique. The shapes are quite curvy and on the small side. It's actually getting easier now that I'm almost done. Figures!


 I now have 4 blocks done for Picnic Flowers. This quilt is made up of 16 blocks so it's moving along quickly. Each block measures 20.5" square. 

It's been hot, humid and very wet. It's been great to stay indoors and sew with air conditioning. I'm hoping this pattern breaks and we get some better weather soon.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely work on your applique--this could be a Christmas Block;)))
    And Picnic Flowers is really pretty hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I thought Picnic Flowers was going to be so difficult but it's coming along great!

      Delete
  2. Your applique' block does look like it could be a Christmas block, like Julierose mentioned. It is lovely. The fabric in your Picnic Flowers is pretty as well. I enjoy making basket blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! Picnic Flowers is so fun to make. It's going fast!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...