Thursday, June 22, 2023

I Like Thursday #196


It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to link up to more blogs posting happy and uplifting content. This is the first year our peonies have blossomed. I love making little bouquets and inhaling that wonderful scent! I visited the cemetery for Father's Day and put a few at my dad's grave. I gave my mother a little bouquet too. I've really enjoyed them.


Not only was it Father's Day, it was also my husband's birthday. I made my usual white cake but I added strawberries this time. It came out so good! This cake didn't last long! The strawberries added a nice little taste.

My husband and I had to go to Logan Airport to pick our daughter and her friend. They went to London for a week. That airport is so difficult to navigate. I'm glad we made it home in one piece. Her plane was delayed for an hour and a half. We were there on time but customs took awhile. I might be getting a package from Liberty London! I'll post that when I receive it. I can't wait!

This is the first block I made for Picnic Flowers, a pattern by Victoria Findlay Wolfe. A friend of mine bought me a kit a couple of years ago and I'm finally making it. These aren't my usual colors but I'm loving it so far! This block measures 20.5" square. The quilt should finish about 94" square. Nice and big!!

The prompt this week is the ice cream truck we used to have in the neighborhood as kids. We always called the guy "Charlie". I think one driver may have had that name and from then on, they were all Charlie! I used to get Buried Treasure. It was some sort of ice cream on a plastic stick but there was a surprise at the bottom. I can't even remember what that surprise was! I used to like Hoodsie cups too! It was always a treat to get these items from the ice cream truck. My parents thought they were expensive and cheaper from the grocery store. But it wasn't as much fun!!! Nice memories!

Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

  1. I love peonies but mine have to come from the grocery store, on the rare occasion they have them. Can't wait to see what you get from Liberty London.It will be fun to watch your Picnic Flowers grow into a nice big quilt. Oh what fond memories we all have of the ice cream truck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanna. I'm looking forward to my package from Liberty London too!!

      Delete
  2. The peonies are gorgeous! I also remember getting some sort of plastic treasure in an ice cream treat but the memory is a bit foggy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela! I think Buried Treasure was some sort of sherbet but I'm not too sure either!

      Delete
  3. peonies smell so good. And pretty in their delicate ruffled dresses. Love your ice cream memories, Inever had burried treasure but will go look them up. Logan is the airport I flew into to visit my fiance now husband... fond memories of those trips although that was a big busy slightly scary airport for country mourse me from Tampa!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that Logan is such a mess! It's so busy and not very orderly. It's not too far from my house so I suppose it could be worse!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful flowers. That cake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! Hope you stay cool with that humidity settling in!

      Delete
  5. Rosemary - beautiful peonies! When I lived in Ohio, I brought most of my blooms inside for vases because the first rain storm would destroy them all! Joining you from I Like Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie! I'm surprised our peonies did so well. It's our first year with blossoms.

      Delete
  6. Your peonies are lovely and that cake looks wonderful! I just love your block, can't wait to see the other pieces of the quilt! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peonies are my favorite flower and one that is difficult to grow in Texas. Yours are glorious, especially for a first flowering. I like that Picnic Flower block.

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...