Thursday, June 8, 2023

I Like Thursday #194


Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers post happy and uplifting content every Thursday. Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to link up to more of these blogs. My mother received this from an old friend. She was so happy to get it and couldn't wait to show me. I thought I would share it with all of you. We might not always remember this but it's so true! Your friends are out there if you need them even if you forget!

I tried to create some movement with my quilting in this block. It's tough to come up with a quilting plan for every block but this one didn't take too long. There are only 4 shapes in the block so I just repeated the same motif in each shape. I think I like it!


I'm collecting fabrics for the Alaska quilt. So far, I have these 4 blues. I think I like them but I haven't decided for sure. I'm still keeping my options open! I still need the contrast color to go along with the blues. 


 I know many of you have seen the movie but I read the book and loved it! It was such a great story. I cried my eyes out at the end.  I always feel if a book makes you cry, it's a great book. When a book evokes so much emotion, it has to be well done. I highly recommend it. I plan on watching the movie soon.

The prompt this week is any memories associated with ice cream. I do remember going out for an ice cream when I was in grammar school. My brother and I were very excited. My brother ordered his usual vanilla and couldn't wait to start in on it. Well, he may have been a little too enthusiastic because he sent the ice cream flying off the cone. I think he wanted to cry but he was afraid he might get my father mad. I remember he just showed my father by holding out his cone to him. Someone standing near us told my father to go right back to the window and tell them what happened. He said they would replace it. He was right. My brother looked much happier with his second cone. He also ate his ice cream a little bit more cautiously! Live and learn!

That's been my week! Enjoy the weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, my son did the same thing with his ice cream once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little plaque. Your quilting is beautiful. Getting that replacement scoop (even if it wasn't for you) certainly made a lasting impression!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! Yes, it's so weird I remember that all these years later!

      Delete
  3. Great plaque! Great ice cream story! Loving the quilting you did! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele! Hope you have great weather!

      Delete
  4. great ice cream story, I felt the moment in your words. Thank you for the quote too... we don't always know who's there for us but someone is... and the book sounds just perfect for me
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...