Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Applique and Rulerwork


I put together the first row of Carrie Hall's Sampler Quilt. You can feel like you accomplished something now that a few blocks are actually sewn together! My second row is almost complete too. I'm working on the last block for that row right now. This one is big and will take some time. 

I'm making great progress quilting the Blast From the Past quilt. I'm using a combination of ruler work and free motion quilting. 


I really love being able to combine a few patterns to enhance the quilt block. I love the texture as well as the designs. I'm close to halfway done this quilt but this one is also on the slow side. Each block is different so I have to decide what to do each time I start a new block. I'm having a great time finishing this quilt. 

6 comments:

  1. You do such pretty quilting work, rosemary!! I love your applique blocks in a row--how beautiful great colors hugs, Julierose
    P.S. Our skies are that awful yellowey smog color from Canadian wild fires--can't sit out because of the particulate matter out there--cough cough!! Ugh!! Are you getting that at your place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love what I'm working on right now. Yes, our sun is sort of milky. I've opened the windows a little but not too much. I like the warmer temps but not the other stuff in the air. I don't want it coming inside.

      Delete
  2. Your quilting is so pretty and I love the variety on each block. It's looks fun to do! Gorgeous appliqued blocks, it's going to be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...