Thursday, June 29, 2023

I Like Thursday #197

Welcome to I Like Thursday. Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to link up to more positive posting blogs! My daughter went to London a few weeks ago and made a visit to Liberty London. She chose these 4 gorgeous fabrics. I think they measure about half a yard or half a meter according to the UK! I think my daughter did a great job of finding some gorgeous fabrics especially for a non-quilter! I have to think of a great way to use these fabrics!


Here are my blocks so far for the Schoolhouse Dash Sew Along. I'm doing my version scrappy since I'm trying to use up my stash whenever possible. Each block measures 12.5" square. I've always liked the pattern and was going to make it at some point. So glad I waited!


I went to JoAnn's this morning to buy batting. While I was there, I bought these kitchen towels. They were marked down 70% so I couldn't resist. While I was walking around, I noticed all their Halloween merchandise was already on display. Isn't it too early for that?? I was a little surprised! It's not even July yet!!


This is the front of my house. It's been raining so much that everything is growing great! Maybe a bit too much but that's fine! No rain is forecast for today. I hope that's true. It's been a soggy and dreary June in the Northeast.

This week's prompt is State/County Fairs. I haven't been to the Topsfield Fair since my kids were little. I always did enjoy it but just haven't had a chance to go. I remember lots of people eating apple pie with a slice of cheese on top. I had never seen that before but it seemed to be a fair favorite! It might be nice to go this year but that won't happen until fall. Fairs are always such fun!

Have a great weekend!!


10 comments:

  1. Those are fun fabrics! I'm not surprised your garden is growing like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I guess we'll save on our water bill this year!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I'm so happy to see the Liberty London fabrics. Your daughter really did select some pretty pieces. It wil be fun to see what you do with them. Your Schoolhouse Dash quilt blocks look nice. This truly is a great way to use up your scraps. Love your front garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I love the fabrics she picked. I'm hoping if I encourage her, she may try some quilting but I'm not sure that will ever happen!!

      Delete
  3. Oh your daughter did good, those are pretty fabrics. The front of your house looks beautiful! I was at Joann's yesterday, and they had Halloween, fall, and Christmas fabrics - eeek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! Isn't it too early for Fall and Christmas stuff??

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...