Thursday, June 1, 2023

I Like Thursday #193


It's Thursday once again! A group of us bloggers post happy and uplifting posts weekly. Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to link up to more blog posts. My son and his fiancee went to visit friends who just bought a new house. He sent me this picture of a koi pond in their backyard. Isn't it lovely!! I would love something like this in my yard. It's just so pretty. I'd love to sit next to it and watch those fish swim around. I bet it's very relaxing. 

Summer must be here because I had my first lobster roll of the season! It was so good. I'm already looking forward to my next one!


The cats have too many toys but I just couldn't resist these! They're just too cute. They make all sorts of crinkly sounds. The cats played with them but then just walked away. Bad kitties!


I finished one mitten! They're quick, easy and fun to make. I'll be making the left hand mitten next.

The prompt this week is about your favorite ice cream flavor. I don't eat dairy so I try to find a vegan or non-dairy version. My favorite is always chocolate. However, back in my college days, I found a place that made their own soft serve and I just loved their vanilla. It was just so creamy and had the best taste. I did eat dairy back then. I usually buy Ben & Jerry's non-dairy ice cream nowadays. I like anything chocolate. 

I hope you have a great weekend! This week went by way too fast. The holiday was great but made the week way too short!

 

8 comments:

  1. Your lobster roll looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool backyard pond! That looks like a serious lobster roll. That looks like a warm mitten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, love lobster rolls too. Great mitten though I don't want to think about needing one, LOL. Very cute cat toy and one Ned would love to destroy! Tony had a koi pond once and it gave them enjoyment for several seasons. Unfortunately they had to keep restocking after the herons discovered it and finally gave up on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine koi ponds are tough to maintain. They are nice to look at though! I don't think my house has the yard for one. The lobster roll was very tasty!

      Delete
  4. oy, food sensitivities/allergies are so annoying. Glad you've been able to find substitutes. Milo plays it cool with new toys, leaving them til I forget, then circling back to play with them, maybe the cats will too once they smell like cat spit. I've never had a lobster roll but man I miss crab cakes from maryland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like crab cakes too! Our pets are so funny. You just never know what they'll do!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...