Friday, July 7, 2023

Catch up Time


I've been so busy! I'm happy to be posting again. We had a great 4th of July but it's been so hot. I've also been tutoring and had to take my mom to the doctor for a check up. It's so hard to get everything done with a holiday thrown in the middle of the week. I did try to get some quilting time into my days. I ordered this violet wideback for my Picnic Flowers quilt. It's from P&B Textiles. The colors are a little more vibrant than this picture shows. The quilt top is almost done!


My son and his fiancee brought these fat quarters for me from Portland, Maine. I love the sewing theme! I'll have to find a fun project for them. Maybe a table topper?? I'm still looking around.

It's supposed to be hot over the weekend. I'll probably stay inside with the A/C on. It's the only way to get through this heat!!

6 comments:

  1. Love your choice of background fabric--really neat design.
    Nice trio of sewing fabrics--they would make a lovely topper for sure.
    Stay cool hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! This week was so busy and only made worse with this heat. I'm hoping the weekend is better!

      Delete
  2. Such nice fabric for you! I think we are all in hibernation mode with the heat that appears to be.. well everywhere. I do want to say that I love your Carrie Hall sampler so far. It's a real beauty! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele, thank you so much for the nice comment. Try and stay cool! I'll be indoors sewing! Haha!!

      Delete
  3. That backing fabric is gorgeous. You raised your kids right! First your daughter and now your son bringing you fabric!?! Those sewing themed fat quarters will make some nice pieces for your craft room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! Both kids know fabric makes me happy!

      Delete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...