Thursday, July 13, 2023

I Like Thursday #198

I missed I Like Thursday last week due to internet issues. Verizon thought it was just our house and we were supposed to wait for technicians to come out to the house. I guess it was a larger issue. I think it was the whole area. It's back and it seems fine. I hope it stays that way! Glad to be back! Make sure you visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to read more fun posts. Anyways, my mom was trimming her shrubs and found this nest in the middle of one of them. She left them alone but showed me later. I took the picture but the mom doesn't look too happy! I think it's a mockingbird but I'm not sure. Can anyone tell what type of bird this is? You could hear her babies wanting to be fed when she flew away. So cute!


I'm putting the large blocks together for Picnic Flowers. This block measures 40.5" square. I have to make 4 of them and then add sashing and binding. It's really fun to see this quilt come together. I don't usually buy kits but I did enjoy this one. The fabric is just gorgeous. Victoria Findlay Wolfe never disappoints!


These are the blocks for this week's SchoolHouse Dash Sew Along. I think I'm about halfway through making blocks for this quilt. They're fun and all finish at 12.5" square.



My blocks have been coming out perfect thanks to Bloc Loc. I usually make my half square triangles a little larger and then use Bloc Loc rulers to cut them down to the correct size. This method seems to work well for me. My sewing is much more accurate this way. 

It's been so hot the last few days. I'm so thankful for my air conditioner! I hope you have a cool weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Such pretty blocks! I love the Victoria Findley fabric! Not sure of the bird. But a neat thing to find when gardening! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! I was a little nervous taking that picture. The mother bird looked very mad!

      Delete
  2. Your blocks are looking great, Rosemary. I like making my half square triangles larger and cut them down as well. However, I've never used the Bloc Loc rulers...hmmm. I'll have to look into those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! The Bloc Loc rulers have a little lip that fit over the seam and "locks" the block under the ruler. They're pricy but work really well! I think they're worth it.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on perfect blocks! Not in my wheelhouse for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela! My blocks are only good because of the rulers! If left to my own devices, the results wouldn't be so good.

      Delete
  4. I left a comment earlier that showed as Anonymous so thought I'd return to clarify. Again I too love Victoria's fabrics...those are so pretty and I love what you are doing with them. I'm curious about Bloc Loc...is it that large mat or the small rulers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn. The rulers are Bloc Loc. They have a little lip that runs diagonally to hook onto your half square triangles. The fabric stays put and it's very easy to trim them to size. I have 3 different sizes. I really think they're great if you want accurate blocks.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful blocks! Nothing like a network outage to make you appreciate being back online.

    ReplyDelete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...