Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Picnic Flowers & Malachite


It's hot again but I've been keeping busy. I loaded Picnic Flowers on the longarm. This took awhile since it measures 96" square. I tried to break it up. I pinned one side of the backing as well as the quilt top. Then I change the needle and get the bobbins ready. I try to clean and oil the bobbin area before I start too. 


Then, I go back and pin the top of the backing. I add the batting and sew the top of the quilt top. Then, it's time for the pantograph to get lined up. I chose this pattern since it reminds me of a topographical map. I thought it would look nice over that floral fabric. I tend to quilt lots of feathers and flowers. I thought I needed a change!

This all takes awhile so I do better if I spread it out over a few days. I'm at the point where I'm practicing my pantograph without actually sewing it. I was going to start actually stitching it today but we're expecting thunder storms so I just might wait.  Longarms and thunder storms don't mix! I hope to have a picture with real quilting on the quilt. Let's hope the weather cooperates!!

6 comments:

  1. That is a very nice panto for your quilt. I hope the storms aren't too bad and you are able to get the quilting done soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I didn't turn on the longarm at all today. Maybe tomorrow will be better!

      Delete
  2. That is a pretty panto design for your quilt--so happy to hear you are keeping busy and cool in the AC. Gosh it's been so humid--this morning isn't too bad-- but I hear we are in for it over this coming weekend!!
    I think just MAYBE I am getting over my sewing funk--haven't wanted to DO anything!! And everything I do try doesn't turn out looking good to me. Continuing to re-org as much as I am able--take care and enjoy your longarm quilting hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely not looking forward to the next few days! I think we all get into sewing slumps. You just need a break. I'm sure the sewing bug will be back in no time!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful to have your Picnic Flowers on your machine now. You sound like you are very thorough with taking good care of it. The panto is a wonderful one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! I've heard the warranty is no longer valid if used during a thunderstorm. I'm not sure how true this is but I don't want to find out! I quilted this morning since we're expecting storms after 2PM. I always leave the machine unplugged when not in use. It's safer that way!

      Delete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...