Thursday, July 20, 2023

I Like Thursday #199

Welcome to I Like Thursday! Boy, do the weeks fly by! Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to link up to more fun posts from a great list of bloggers. Also, LeeAnna is feeling under the weather so wish her well! My hydrangea are blooming. With all this rain, I thought I'd have a ton of flowers but they're just starting to blossom. I'm hoping we get more! I really love this blue shade. It reminds me of the sky.


This week's blocks for Schoolhouse Dash was Birds in the Air. I thought they would take a while since I had to make 8, but they were quick to make. Once you make those half square triangles, it's a fast block to make. Of course, half the block is just fabric so that helps!

I've started my next applique blocks for Carrie Hall's Sampler. This one is called Pomegranate and measures 20.5" square. My husband says it looks like it's running! I have leaves and blossoms to add so I think the look will change. I actually have to fun to JoAnn's to buy purple thread. I just ran out!


Here's our vegetable garden. Nothing has blossomed yet but we're hoping it will pick up soon! The plants are all growing well. We just want a few veggies! I think my mother has had 2 tomatoes from her plants. It seems like a slow year to get going. We're still hopeful!

That's it for me this week. It's been hot and humid so I've been staying indoors. My sewing room is always cool! Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Oh so much to like this week, Rosemary. Your hydrangea is beautiful. I love the blue color as well. Your blocks are looking very nice. Exciting to see the next applique' block under way. Good luck with the garden...hope everything starts producing for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I'm hoping my vegetables show up one of these days!

      Delete
  2. Pretty quilt blocks. I am envious of your hydrangea, I don't know if I could grow any here, it is pretty rocky soil, which is why all the beds are raised and you are constantly adding nutrients. Your tomatoes look tall. Mine are short, but they do have blossoms and a couple of tomatoes that are contemplating getting bigger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Colette! It took awhile for our hydrangea to get to this point. They wasn't much going on with them for a few seasons. I'm still hoping my vegetables come in!

      Delete
  3. Your hydrangea looks lovely. I like your blocks. My tomatoes are thinking about it, but my cucumbers are going crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I think I have a few flowers on my tomato plants but no cucumbers! I'm still hopeful we'll get something soon.

      Delete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...