Thursday, July 27, 2023

I Like Thursday #200


It's time for I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers post happy and uplifting posts every Thursday. Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to find links to more of these posts. We all hope she's feeling better soon. My husband has finally placed the birdbath in front of our house among the roses. I love watching the birds play in the water. It's really summer now! I hope the cats don't get too mad!


This week's Schoolhouse Dash blocks were two Bear Paw blocks. They measure 12.5" square. Once those triangles were done, the block was easy. I think this would be a great stash buster if you used multiple fabrics. Those triangles would definitely be a pain to make. 


 My 4 pomegranates are ready to be appliqued.  This block hasn't been too demanding. I also have 8 leaves left to applique as well. Two applique blocks left after this one! I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!



I finally started quilting Picnic Flowers. I'm using the pantograph Malachite. Malachite reminds me of meandering or stippling but larger and more map-like. I really love how it looks. I quilted 2 passes this morning since we're expecting bad weather this afternoon. My longarm is covered and unplugged so the thunderstorms are not a threat. Tomorrow should be better weather.

I wish you all a great weekend. Stay safe if you're having bad weather. 



12 comments:

  1. Your rose bushes are so pretty and the bird bath is a nice addition. The bear paw blocks are a nice size and will make a lovely quilt. How exciting that you are almost down to two applique' blocks. You're getting a lot done in the sewing room, Rosemary. Can't wait to see Picnic Flowers are quilted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for such a nice comment, Jeanna! It doesn't feel like I'm getting much done but I'm making more progress than I thought!

      Delete
  2. Your blocks are always so pretty. I have been looking just for something shallow to put on my deck, or is it a balcony because it is about 15 feet in the air, for the hummingbirds to take a dip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I would love a deck or balcony that high up. It sounds like you'd have more privacy being a little higher up. My birdbath isn't very big. I think it's the perfect size and just love it!

      Delete
  3. I think every garden needs a bird bath!! Yours is sitting very nicely for a view of whoever is drinking or bathing. The blackbirds seem to like our one in the back garden. You have two of my favourite colours in your pomegranate applique, looking forward to seeing them with their leaves in place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maureen! This pomegranate block wasn't too hard to make. I like that!

      Delete
  4. Ooh - I really like those bear paws.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bird bath looks lovely among the rose bushes. We enjoy watching the bird antics around here too! Thanks for giving the name of the pantograph. I need to remember to do that too, both for me and also for anyone interested. Hope you had a good weekend and finished up that quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Susie! I did finish my quilt. Malachite looks so good on that quilt. It came out better than I expected!

    ReplyDelete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...