Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Picnic Flowers Quilted


I can't believe it's already August! The summer is flying by! I've certainly been keeping myself busy. I finished quilting Picnic Flowers over the weekend. The pantograph quilted 11.5" with each pass. It took about 8 passes to finish quilting. I was pleasantly surprised at how fast this went.


This is a close up of the quilting. I really love the look of Malachite on this fabric. It's similar to topography or some sort of enhanced stippling/meandering. I used So Fine on the top and Bottom Line in the bottom. The tension never became a problem. It was pretty easy.


Here's the backing. It's harder to see the quilting but it looks great in person! I'm getting the binding ready. It's the same floral fabric as seen on the quilt top. It's always a great feeling to get a quilt finished!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulation on your finish of Picnic Flowers, love the colour and the calmness that I see here. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! This quilt was a pleasure to make!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful quilt Rosemary! I love the pretty top and the backing is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! It was much easier to make than I thought.

      Delete
  3. Oh yes! Picnic Flowers is beautiful. I'm glad the quilting went smoothly.

    ReplyDelete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...