Thursday, August 3, 2023

I Like Thursday #201


It's time for I Like Thursday. A bunch of us bloggers try to post happy content once weekly. Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to link up with more like minded blogs. I'm still working on the Schoolhouse Dash. I think these Ohio Star blocks are the last of the blue colored blocks in the quilt. I have 8 blocks left and they'll all be pink and white. All blocks measure 12.5" square. I chose to make this a scrap quilt. All this fabric is from my stash so it's nice to put it to good use!

These blocks are Bonnie Hunter's leaders and enders project this year. She calls them Oopsie Daisie since they were made by accident from another one of her blocks. I've made 8 blocks so far. I like the way they fit so nicely together. I love using my scraps here too! Let's put that stash to work!

I tutored my student this morning and found this picture being displayed. I had never seen it before. Our library is called Nevins Memorial Library and this is Mr. Nevins! He was quite wealthy in his day. He left all sorts of great buildings all over our town. He and his wife are buried on the grounds of the library.

 Speaking of libraries, I just finished this book and loved it! It's not a romance but the story of a strong female character during Prohibition. The main character is based loosely on a real life person named Willie Carter Sharpe. It was a great story and I couldn't put it down! I love reading about strong women who were supposed to be dependent on men but decided against it and found their own path in life.

It's been a great week for weather. The humidity has been low and not too hot. Just perfect! However, things are about to change as they always do! Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Your Ohio star blocks look great, as does your leader/ender project. Good for you to make such pretty things from your scraps, Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanna. I hate having those scraps just sitting around. I love to use them up!

      Delete
  2. Those leaders and enders blocks look cool. That will be a great scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just loved your Picnic Flowers and the quilting you did. Lovely blocks here. And I also like how those together are looking. What a great way to use up scraps. Mine are piling up just now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! I love to use up those scraps. I hate having them just sitting around in my sewing room.

      Delete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...