Thursday, August 24, 2023

I Like Thursday #203I


Welcome to I Like Thursday where we post happy and uplifting content. Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to link up with other blogs. We've been having weird weather lately. The last few days have been nice but before that we had high humidity as well as on and off rain. One evening, the sky looked pink so I took this picture. I'm sure there's a reason why the sky had a pink tint but I just wanted to enjoy the pretty shade.


I'm still working on my Oopsie Daisie Leader and Ender project. I'm always working on a few blocks. I just make them in between my other projects. I think it will make a great quilt when finished. Plus I get to use my stash! I love that!

The Picnic Flowers quilt has had the binding sewn down. All that's left is the label. This is the first label I've made from leftover blocks. It wasn't too hard to make. I drew lines using a water soluble marker and tried to find a nice way to write my name.  It's the only time I use the alphabet on my sewing machine. I have to relearn how to do it every time I make a label. 


I just finished this book and highly recommend it. It's a book about 4 sisters and their families. It's sad, happy and inspiring and you won't be able to put it down!

I hope you have a great weekend. I think we're expecting rain. Big surprise!!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful sky photo. Your oopsie daisie quilt is coming along nicely. I haven't tried the alphabet on my machine but should. I need a label for the surprise quilt. Thanks for the book recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! When I bought my sewing machine, they told me no one uses the alphabet. I told them I make labels with the alphabet. They had never heard of it. It's a great way of using the built in stitches.

      Delete
  2. the sky is beautiful, what a moment. It stikes awe in your heart doesn't it? The earth so forgiving of us. the book sounds good for me too, thanks, trying to be on computer long enough to visit some of you lovelies
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, LeeAnna! I hope you're doing better. I'm thinking of you!

      Delete
  3. I just started that book - so glad to know you recommend it! You caught a beautiful sunset, too. I like those Oopsie Daisy blocks - they look like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Diann! Let me know how you like that book.

      Delete
  4. Lovely blocks and also label. I can't resist a pretty sunset...the colours are always intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You're so right about the sunsets. So pretty!

      Delete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...