Monday, August 14, 2023

Schoolhouse Dash Quilt top


I finished the quilt top for the Schoolhouse Dash Sew Along. I didn't get last week's block instructions. I found a Facebook group that had all the block files available. I still followed the correct order by making Snail Trail first and then 4 Bowtie blocks. I needed those 2 different blocks to complete the top and bottom rows of the quilt. It's nice to have the quilt top done ahead of time! I'm going to find some blue fabric to make a border. I feel it needs a border to make the blue pop even more. No borders are included in the directions.


These are the last blocks I made for the quilt. I had forgotten how quick and easy this block is. It was a great way to end the sew along. 

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely piece you are making!! I like the color combo a lot...
    Nice work;))) Isn't this heat awful?? At least we got a bit of rain last night...another gray day though here...;((( will have to brighten it up with my quilting;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I stayed in today. The weather is just miserable! It's cool out but so humid!

      Delete
  2. This is just so beautiful, Rosemary. What a quilter you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the variety of blocks in this one, Rosemary. I understand why it is called Schoolhouse Dash. The colors are nice together. I like borders, too. Maybe a blue one to tie it all together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I was thinking blue also! I'd like to find a blue fabric with a few different blue tones in it like a marbled blue.

      Delete
  4. What a fun flimsy. I like the colors and the arrangement.

    ReplyDelete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...