Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Two Projects Updated


This block is complete! Pomegranate measures 25.5" square. It needs a good ironing but I'll get to it eventually. I've also been working on School House Dash. It will be ironed very soon! I only have 4 blocks left for School House Dash and 2 blocks left for Carrie Hall's Sampler Quilt. It's nice to be finishing up a few projects. I have a few quilt projects waiting to be worked on!


I sewed on the binding onto Picnic Flowers. It's time to sew it down which I do by hand. It's nice to know television is good for something! I love doing hand work while watching TV. 

We've had an awful morning full of thunderstorms, winds and even possible tornadoes. I stayed home and sewed. It looks like it's getting better out there. Hope so!!

6 comments:

  1. Those storms missed us, we just got a little rain and dark skies with a few rumbles of thunder. Crazy weather lately!!
    I love pomegranate blocks--yours are so lovely. when you sew in front of the tv do you sew on a pillow or something? I have trouble doing that. Anyway--that block really turned out beautifully...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It started raining all over again and just stopped! I've some of the streets around here are all flooded. I have a little lap desk that has a cushion on the bottom. I use that for my applique projects. It can be uncomfortable unless you have some good support.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! This block was easier than I thought.

      Delete
  3. Pomegranate is gorgeous, Rosemary. You are making nice progress on your projects. I love hand stitching the binding down on a quilt while watching television. Make that part of the task go quicker, at least it feels like it to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I agree! I like hand stitching the binding. It's the final step and you can enjoy it while watching a little tv!

      Delete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...