Monday, August 28, 2023

State Fair Sampler Blocks 1 & 2


I finished the first block in the State Fair Sampler Quilt. The original quilt has a white background but my future daughter-in-law requested a black background. I really love how it's coming it. I feel the solids really pop against that black. The first block is Osceola County and measures 36.5" square. This one took a while. It has lots of points to match and lot of points to not chop off! 


The second block is called Decatur County. It measures 32.5" square. This one was much quicker to make. There are less points and not as many seams to meet up. I'm all set to start working on the next block. I still have to cut it out. There are 36 blocks total. They also get progressively smaller so hopefully, a little quicker too! I have over a year to get this done so I should be fine. (I hope!)

6 comments:

  1. What beautiful blocks you've sewn, Rosemary;))) I love the black backgrounds on these...nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose! I really like the black too. My future daughter in law made a good choice!

      Delete
  2. Those are some pretty colors. I am loving the black background. Your points are perfect, especially in the Osceola block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for noticing, Jeanna! That block took me forever!

      Delete
  3. You have chosen beautiful colours for both these stars, love the black, they really pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The black really makes the solids shine!

      Delete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...