Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Picnic Flowers

This isn't the best picture but Picnic Flowers is done! It measures a whopping 96" X 96"! That's why I can't take a nice picture of the entire quilt. I think you get the idea. It needs to be ironed and then I'll load it onto the longarm.


This is Picnic Flowers without the outer borders. It measures about 92.5" square at this point. I was going to custom quilt it but I've decided against it. That busy fabric, although beautiful, will keep you from seeing the quilting. I think I'm going to choose a nice edge to edge pantograph. I'm excited to get this one quilted Victoria Findlay Wolfe designed the pattern as well as the fabric. She's so talented!

4 comments:

  1. Picnic Flowers is gorgeous, Rosemary. Congratulations on the flimsy. Those colors really are pretty and its a great size quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I think it's one of the biggest quilts I've made.

      Delete
  2. WOw that is a stunning quilt--beautiful work on the piecing, Rosemary..
    gosh all those little triangles!! Yikes;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I feel the fabric is what really makes this quilt shine!

      Delete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...