Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Leaders and Enders/Oopsie Daisie


Bonnie Hunter annually posts a leader and ender challenge. This year it's been called Oopsie Daisie. She had an earlier pattern called Ditch Lilies. It seems that someone screwed up the order of the added triangles and Oopsie Daisie was born! She has 2 different size blocks that you can make. I opted for the larger block. Each strip starts at 2" wide X 5" long. Then you add the 2 little triangles and sew it together like a pinwheel. Ta-Da! It measures 9.5" square.


This is the individual unit that makes up the block. It's made of one neutral strip with a colorful strip either side. Add those little triangles and one unit is done! I thought this block was a little tricky the first time I made it. You also have to be careful about the placement of those triangles. I feel it will get easier the more I make. Bonnie's challenge lasts one year. It's just a nice project to have ready when you want to reduce those pesky scrap bins! I plan on making lots more!

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a cute block-- think these will make a lovely quilt with lots of movement...great scrappy project!! When my machine returns from her "spa" treatment I will be making crumb blocks to try to blast those scrap bags under my table!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel those scraps are just hanging around and should be put to good use! Bonnie Hunter usually has great ideas.

      Delete
  2. I've always thought about joining Bonnie's leader/ender qal but I still need to tame my scrap bags. There is alot of organization that has to happen first. Your block looks great. It will be fun to watch this one come together over the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a plastic tote filled with scraps. I'm too lazy to tame it too much. I usually just rummage through it and find different fabrics. This size seems to be popular with my scraps!

      Delete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...