Thursday, September 7, 2023

I Like Thursday #205


It's time for I Like Thursday! The weeks are flying by and this day always sneaks up on me! Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to link up with more bloggers posting happy stuff! I haven't cross stitched in years but am trying to get back into it. I bought this little kit for a Halloween ornament. This witch was a bit challenging for me. I don't remember what quarter stitches are! I figured it out and it looks okay. It's not perfect but not bad for the first time in over 30 years!


I have a favorite spot on the couch that I always sit on. It's looks like Lily likes it too! She sprawls across the couch and gets so comfortable. I've tried moving her but she won't budge. I've started to leave things in that area so she can't use my spot! So fresh!


I was at the library yesterday and saw a few kids jumping all over this bench. The carvings are so intricate. It's such a treasure. I'm happy the kids are enjoying it but I don't think they realize the work that went into this. 


 We have a ton of tomatoes, finally! But not one has turned red! We've started bringing a few indoors to see if they'll ripen. It's been so hot and humid that I figured that would help them along but no such luck. I'm hoping taking them indoors will do the trick. 

Have a great weekend! It's supposed to stay hot and humid here until the start of the new week. I'm hoping to stay indoors with the A/C while I sew!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary! I think your witch looks great. It is the outline of one, after all, and those quarter stitches did the job of bring it all together. It's kind of like riding a bicycle, no? Cross stitch is something I just picked up again, too. Ooh, those tomatoes. It sure would be a shame if they don't ripen. I've brought in green tomatoes in the Fall (like end of October) and laid them in a flat one-layer cardboard box top and they did ripen. Good luck! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Roseanne! I used to love cross stitching so it's kind of fun to pick it up again! I'm sure you know how I feel!

      Delete
  2. I think it looks exactly like a witch! Quarter stitches are a problematic! For me anyway! I too have brought in green tomatoes and they have ripened. But slowly! Best of luck with yours! I wouldn’t give up on them in the garden till frost is forecast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy! I really don't remember quarter stitches at all! They're not hard but I sometimes can't figure out their direction. I will stay hopeful for the green tomatoes!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you conquered the quarter stitches because the witch looks great, Rosemary. The bench looks quite old. Where were the parents!?! I hope the tomatoes ripen for you.

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #233

 It's I Like Thursday time! We post happy and uplifting content every Thursday. You can visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to l...