Monday, September 11, 2023

Two Blocks for Two Projects


The fun of working on various projects is that you get to use different techniques. You just can't get bored! I finished this block for the State Fair Sampler Quilt. It's called Humboldt County and measures 24.5" square. I changed some of the directions. I'm so comfortable to enlarge pieces and then cut down to desired size. I find many directions cut it too close for me. There are so many online charts to make flying geese and half square triangles that it's easy to pick whatever method you like best. I end up adding 1/4"-1/2" and sometimes and that makes all the difference to insure accuracy.

I also completed Whig Rose for the Carrie Hall Sampler Quilt. This one measures 15" X 25". I enjoyed working on this block. There were quite a few variations so I didn't have to be too exact. One block left for this quilt, Rose of Sharon. I can't believe this one is almost done.  Hand applique does take longer than machine piecing but it's just so relaxing as well as portable. So fun! 

 

4 comments:

  1. Two lovely blocks, Rosemary--I especially love that applique in those colors nice works in progress--
    hugs, [and hopes for less humidity!!] Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks! Love the applique'.

    ReplyDelete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...