Thursday, September 21, 2023

I Like Thursday #206

Welcome to this week's likes! Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to link up with more fun posts. I finished another block for my son's wedding quilt. This one is called Ida & Guthrie Counties. It measures 24.5" square. I'm really loving the black background. The solid colors look so vibrant! I only have 30 blocks left. The good thing is that they get progressively smaller. I'm hoping to make them a bit quicker. 


It's almost time for Halloween! I bought this at JoAnn's. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or give it as a gift. I just couldn't resist it! I think my future daughter in law will love it!


I also made this apron. It was pretty easy. It's just a panel. It reminds me of the old show, Bewitched! It really just took a couple of hours to make. 


Fall must be here. I went out for dinner last week and got an apple sangria. It was so good! It even had a little cinnamon on the rim. So tasty!

Those are my quick likes for the week. Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

  1. The black background really makes the colours pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blocks look so different with the black background. I love it!

      Delete
  2. Hi Rosemary! What a beautiful block for your son's wedding quilt. When is the wedding? I am 100% certain they will LOVE the finished piece and I can't wait to see it. That apron is so darn cute!! That it was easy to make makes it even cuter in my book. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! The wedding is October 2024. I should have enough time to custom quilt it. (I hope!) I love making cute quick projects too!

      Delete
  3. apple sangria,.. yes please! I have lovely red wine opened, and a bottle of apple juice...
    Love the statue of the cute couple, and the apron. Also like seeing blocks on black fabric... I found all my black fabric in stash had become very weak and tore with slight push... yikes! It might not be as stable but is sure pretty.
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping this black fabric stays nice. I guess you just never know. I hope you're feeling better.

      Delete
  4. I always enjoy seeing your blocks. This one is a pretty one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! You'll be seeing new blocks real soon!

      Delete
  5. Your cross stitched witch is wonderful and that is a great plan, to stitch Christmas ornaments. I find cross stitching especially calming as you have to pay close attention so your mind can't really be elsewhere.
    This block is beautiful too like the others. The black is beautifully dramatic. I do think that witch looks like the Bewitched picture and how neat to have it on an apron you sewed yourself. You are such a talented stitcher, Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jocelyn, you always have the best comments! Thanks so much!!

      Delete
  6. The wedding quilt is going to be stunning, Rosemary. I always look forward to seeing those blocks because I would have never considered using black as a background. The apron really is a great reminder of Bewitched. Apple sangria sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I had great fun making that apron. It was so fast. The sangria was so good. I'll have to get it again!

      Delete
  7. I think those apron panels are the best! I've made several - a few of which I've kept and a few given away. Great gifts too! Yummy, apple sangria. Nothing says Fall like apples. Kind of like drinking strawberry sangrias in the Spring! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...