Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Sampler Block and Cross Stitch

I just finished the 7th block for the State Fair Sampler Quilt. This one measures 24.5" square. It's the last block at this size. The next few blocks are 16.5" and then they decrease even more! The biggest blocks are almost done. This one was fun to make. I just had to make 16 half square triangles. Then just corner blocks and borders. Easy peasy!


 I finished the cross stitch portion for the Halloween ornament. I have to back stitch and outline some of the black areas. I have to figure out how to do that first! I see YouTube in my future! I think it came out pretty good for my first cross stitch project in years. I feel like I'm getting used to cross stitching again. I definitely have more projects in mind!

6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty sampler block-, and I like that Halloween cross stitch a lot...It really came out beautifully, Rosemary. Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I felt I was getting nothing done lately and was so happy to finish a few things today.

      Delete
  2. The quilt block is so pretty in those colors. You cross stitch looks great. It may be small but it is full coverage, which translates into a LOT of stitches. Can't wait to see how you fully finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I finished outlining the cross stitch piece. I'm going to wash it tomorrow. I'm supposed to fit it into a small fluted tart tin. It's a bit larger than the tin so I guess I'll just center it the best I can. I hope it comes out okay!

      Delete
  3. Your State Fair blocks are coming right along. So pretty and vibrant. And I love how your witch turned out...that is quite a nice orange as oranges can be fussy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! I didn't realize how many stitches were involved in that cross stitch piece. I think it was good practice for me!

      Delete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...