Saturday, September 16, 2023

Schoolhouse Dash Quilted


 I haven't been online the last few days. I had an eye doctor appointment that left my poor eyes so sensitive to light! My eye pressure is high and has to be checked often. This past appointment hit me harder than my earlier ones. Anyways, my pressure wasn't too bad and I'm back to normal. Before that dreaded appointment, I finished quilting Schoolhouse Dash. I'm working on the binding already!


I used a pantograph to finish this one. It's called Popcorn. I feel it makes a nice texture across the quilt. It's nice to see swirls and curves over a quilt mostly made up of straight lines. 


Here's the back so you can see the pantograph even better! I love how even the quilting is when using pantos. I always feel like I'm cheating when I use a pantograph but they are great to use. It took 4 days to finish quilting this one. So fast!

Hurricane Lee has hit our area but it's rather minimal. There is some wind and a little rain but not bad at all. I hope it stays that way! Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Glad your eyes are better--I have eye pressure issues, also; I do eyedrops every day for it...
    Schoolhouse Dash is such a lovely piece--love the panto you used...very pretty...
    We only had a bit of wind here, also--luckily. Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not sure but whenever I get my eyes dilated, I just get so tired and just want to sleep. I have a special pair of eyeglasses my brother got me. They're made for cataract patients but they're the best to block the sun. I'll probably end up getting a prescription for drops too.

      Delete
  2. It's so good to take special care of your eyes. Mine are a little dry so I use drops from time to time. Wow, that is a beautiful panto you used...you are so right...it is nice to see curves on a quilt with all straight lines. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! I got no sewing done last week but hope to make some progress this week! Eyes can be so fussy but we have to take good care of them.

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful quilt Rosemary and I love the blues and pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popcorn is the perfect pantograph for Schoolhouse Dash. Happy to hear your eye pressure is more normal.

    ReplyDelete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...