Thursday, June 20, 2024

I Like Thursday #239

It's time for I Like Thursday. A bunch of us bloggers post happy and uplifting posts once a week. Please visit LeeAnna to link up with more blogs. We're having a heat wave and I've been staying indoors enjoying my air conditioning. I've gone out if I have to but prefer staying home. Even the cats are getting sluggish. Look at Lily stretching out and relaxing in the family room! I think she's enjoying the cool air although that fur keeps her warm!


I was determined to get the binding sewn onto my son's wedding quilt. The quilt is so big that I have to lug my machine to the formal living room and use the dining room table to hold the quilt. It never takes long but setting up can be a pain. Anyway, I got it done yesterday. I started sewing it down by hand last night but it definitely makes me warm. I can only sew for a short time before I feel hot.  I have until October to get it finished so I can take my time. 


 This is my latest counted cross stitch ornament. I still have some windows to finish as well as outlining, a border and words. It's small but it has a lot to it. I love those little houses! These ornaments are so fun for me. 

I never went to summer camp. I always wanted to but I don't think my parents understood what it was. It wasn't common in their childhood in Italy. I always loved to read and knit so I usually kept myself busy. I would have loved to go and spend the whole day outside with other kids. My son went to cub scout camp but it was only for the day. He loved it. My daughter did dance camp but it was at the studio so it wasn't an outdoor event.  My summers were long and I was quite ready for school to start up again in September. 

I hope you can stay cool wherever you live. This heat wave is supposed to break tomorrow but the weather that's coming isn't much cooler. Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the colours in the wedding quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little houses in the ornament are so cute. Do you have someone in mind for this one? Congratulations on the binding progress. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I think I know who I'm going to gift it to but not 100% sure. I'll decide later. Today is cooler after last night's thunder storms.

      Delete
  3. I love that wedding quilt. They'll love it, too!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #252

It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up to more blogs. My husband has decorated the...